OlympicParkBombing_ShrapnelMark.jpg (440 × 227 pixels, file size: 26 KB, MIME type: image/jpeg)
Sculpture in Centennial Olympic Park in Atlanta, Georgia that was hit by shrapnel in the bombing. The detail on the right shows an imprint of a nail from the homemade bomb on the bronze sculpture. Image created on Jan. 16, 2005 by J. Glover (AUtiger).
- Unfortunately, because it shows the statue, it is a derivative work and is thus copyrighted. The photographer releases the photograph itself as a cc-by-2.0, though. Hbdragon88 07:20, 9 January 2007 (UTC)
Can someone please show the relation of the close-up to the wide-shot?Alvis 05:54, 14 May 2007 (UTC)
- Not sure what you want here; an indication on the full image of where that mark in the detail is? I'll have to pull the originals back up (those are two completely separate images/exposures, not a zoom/crop) to try to figure out where that mark is. Don't know if it matters, but there are multiple marks. AUTiger » talk 20:16, 25 June 2007 (UTC)
- I, too, would appreciate that. - 126.96.36.199 00:51, 16 July 2007 (UTC)
The shrapnel is directly below the knee of the runner on the left or below the cleat of the second runner. I will be glad to provide a photograph. I work in the building behind the photo. email@example.com
|This is a two-dimensional representation of a copyrighted sculpture, statue or any other three-dimensional work of art. As such it is a derivative work of art, and per US Copyright Act of 1976, § 106(2) whoever holds copyright of the original has the exclusive right to authorize derivative works.|
Per § 107 it is believed that reproduction for criticism, comment, teaching and scholarship constitutes fair use and does not infringe copyright.
It is believed that the use of a picture
Fair use rationale
- No free equivalent exists
- It does not detract from the commercial value of the statue
- It is only being used for informative purposes
- It is being used to illustrate an historic event, not the statue itself
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||21:31, 22 February 2017||440 × 227 (26 KB)||DatBot||Reduce size of non-free image (BOT - disable)|
|03:47, 17 January 2005||No thumbnail||930 × 480 (79 KB)||Autiger||Sculpture in Centennial Olympic Park in Atlanta, Georgia that was hit by shrapnel in the bombing. The detail on the left shows an imprint of a nail from the homemade bomb on the bronze sculpture. Image cre|